Friends of the Lardeau River (in the Kootenay region) is a non-profit society focused on environmental protection of the Lardeau River and the fish and wildlife values supported by this river.
Our goals are:
•To promote and establish protected area strategy status for the Lardeau River
• To coordinate and deliver a comprehensive fish and wildlife conservation strategy and habitat stewardship master plan for Lardeau, Duncan and North Kootenay Lake watersheds
• To lobby and facilitate a series of fish and wildlife inventories and initiatives
• To provide support ensuring the Lardeau River’s biodiversity is protected
• To identify the impacts of the Duncan Dam and assess the biodiversity loss to flooding
• To network with conservation groups, community, individuals, First Nations, youth, Governments, agencies, politicians and industry to meet our goals and objectives